Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Meet Melissa


Here's a mini-bio:
I'm a sophomore at an all-girls college with Claire, and as I'm super nerdy, I'm majoring medieval studies.  Hopefully one day I'll become a professor.  I have an amazing boyfriend named Jeremy--we've been together for two and a half years and there's no end in sight.  I love to ski, sail, and do yoga.  I used to horseback ride and it was my favorite thing, but I have knee problems and had to stop.  
I'm not a big drinker at all but I love cocktails and wine (Sancerre and Syrah especially).  I also love to cook and shop--especially Lilly clothes.  My favorite food is chicken pot pie, with bacon coming in a close second.  I would choose a book over TV or a movie any day.
As far back as I can remember my favorite color has always, unfailingly been pink.  I'm such a girly girl--I love wearing dresses and adore anything with pink or flowers on it.  My name--Melissa--means "honeybee" in Greek, hence the blog title.

I made this cute little polyvore for two reasons. 1.  As a way to describe myself to you all!  And, 2.  Procrastination.  Mostly number two, though.  The clothes in here are all things I own and wear quite often, and the non-clothing items are things I usually have with me.
Untitled

1.  My L.L. Bean barn jacket is a staple in my wardrobe, and it looks adorable with my Murfee scarf (#3).
2.  Purple Blackberry Curve.
3.  Lilly Pulitzer Murfee scarf.  My amazing boyfriend Jeremy bought this for me and I wear it almost every day.
4.  Hunter boots.  The weather up here in MA can get so yucky, and I often find myself trekking through mud on my way to class.  These are a must for me.
5. Ray Ban Wayfarers.
6.  I bought this sweater from J.Crew several years ago, and I was totally surprised to find it on Polyvore.
7.  Lucky Brand Lola Jeans.
8.  Vera Bradley Zip ID case.
9.  Harney & Sons Organic Green with Coconut Iced Tea.  I'm a huge fan of coconut and this gives me my fix.
10. L.L. Bean backpack.  Mine is actually in navy, not black, and has my monogram.  I've had it since fourth grade and it's in great condition.  Throughout high school, I always had a cute, little tote for my books, but last year--my freshman year--I discovered that a backpack was the only solution for me (so much walking, so much to carry to classes and library).
11.  Vera Bradley folders in Cupcakes Pink.
12.  Lilly Pulitzer agenda in "Checking In."
13.  My ancient, trusty Macbook.
14.  L'occitane Lavender hand cream.  I have super dry skin and always make sure to have a hand cream with me.
15.  Kiehl's lip balm.


Love,
Honeybee


Untitled by mpb120491 featuring rubber boots

1 comment: